- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi files his nomination from Varanasi, says technology upgradation and branding needed for development of Kashi
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- PM Manmohan Singh dismisses Modi-wave in country
- Letter by Xavier's principal criticising Gujarat model taken down from college website
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Slow voting in Mumbai, UP records 24 % in first four hours
Amol Palekar is back in action, this time with an English language film
At 65, Amol Palekar has finally found his peace. He is happy living amidst lush greenery and chirping birds at his Pune home. It's only work that draws him away, particularly the off-beat film projects that he feels so passionately about. These days therefore, he is busy in Mumbai promoting his upcoming directorial venture And Once Again . Written by his wife Sandhya Gokhale, the film has Rajat Kapoor and Antra Mali in the lead. The film is slated to release on August 13.
To everyone's surprise, Palekar has shot the film in English. "Every subject chooses the language. The movie is about a high-profile architect and a civil servant and their normal way of communication is English," says Palekar, who also had his entire cast stationed at Sikkim for the one month of shoot. "The film on one level deals with a man-woman relationship. On the other hand, it talks about unnecessary violence. So we needed a peaceful place to shoot," says Palekar, who has directed nearly 15 films till date in Hindi and Marathi.
Palekar is aware that And Once Again might bag a 9 am or 10 am slot at theatres, but this is a battle he is willing to fight. "I don't have the kind of money that is required for film promotions these days. All I can tell people is that I have made a good film, worth watching," says Palekar, adding small-budget films need a different marketing approach. "There is a different kind of logic applied here unlike mainstream films which are made at a budget of not less than Rs 60 crores," he explains.
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling
- Hyderabad blast 2013: Agencies hunt for Mangalore ‘source’