Next-gen Google Nexus tablets to be launched next week
- Vasundhara Raje admits signing UK papers for Lalit Modi
- Beheading, explosion at factory in France; suspects captured
- US Supreme Court legalises same-sex marriage nationwide
- Sri Lanka President Maithripala Sirisena dissolves parliament eight months before elections
- 5 children dead, 11 injured after tree falls on school bus in Kerala
Google appears to be getting ready to introduce the next generation of its Nexus tablets.
The unveiling is likely to come at a July 24 event in San Francisco. Google sent invitations to the media on July 17.
The event will be hosted by Sundar Pichai, a Google executive who oversees the company's Android and Chrome operating systems.
Android, the world's leading mobile operating system, powers Google's line-up of Nexus tablets. Those devices have emerged as a popular alternative to Apple's iPad since Google released the first Nexus tablet with a 7-inch display screen last July.
It has become customary for top-selling devices to be upgraded at least once a year, fueling speculation that is what Google is about to do with the Nexus next week.