Next-gen Google Nexus tablets to be launched next week
- Arvind Kejriwal calls 'emergency' Assembly session to discuss Centre's notification on Lt Governor's role
- Celebrations in AIADMK camp as Jayalalithaa becomes Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- No full statehood rights to Delhi unless there is consensus, says Arun Jaitley
- Gujjar protest to continue as talks with Rajasthan govt fail
- Heat wave toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana reaches 223
Google appears to be getting ready to introduce the next generation of its Nexus tablets.
The unveiling is likely to come at a July 24 event in San Francisco. Google sent invitations to the media on July 17.
The event will be hosted by Sundar Pichai, a Google executive who oversees the company's Android and Chrome operating systems.
Android, the world's leading mobile operating system, powers Google's line-up of Nexus tablets. Those devices have emerged as a popular alternative to Apple's iPad since Google released the first Nexus tablet with a 7-inch display screen last July.
It has become customary for top-selling devices to be upgraded at least once a year, fueling speculation that is what Google is about to do with the Nexus next week.