Next-gen Google Nexus tablets to be launched next week
- Live, Ind vs Aus: Quick strikes put India on top
- Bengal nun gangrape: First arrest made from Mumbai
- Germanwings crash: Chilling report says one pilot left cockpit, was unable to return
- If anything that is defamatory goes off, we will have a very boring Internet: Jaitley
- Hooda govt bent rules to favour Robert Vadra firm: CAG
Google appears to be getting ready to introduce the next generation of its Nexus tablets.
The unveiling is likely to come at a July 24 event in San Francisco. Google sent invitations to the media on July 17.
The event will be hosted by Sundar Pichai, a Google executive who oversees the company's Android and Chrome operating systems.
Android, the world's leading mobile operating system, powers Google's line-up of Nexus tablets. Those devices have emerged as a popular alternative to Apple's iPad since Google released the first Nexus tablet with a 7-inch display screen last July.
It has become customary for top-selling devices to be upgraded at least once a year, fueling speculation that is what Google is about to do with the Nexus next week.