Ne-Yo sued by ex-girlfriend for revealing paternity battle
- Govt signs peace accord with NSCN(IM), PM Modi calls it 'historic'
- BJP takes U-turn on land bill, agrees to bring back UPA's key provisions
- Crisis deepens: Speaker suspends 25 Cong MPs, Sonia digs in heels
- India to take up Gurdaspur terror attack in NSA-level talks with Pakistan
- JBT scam: Supreme Court upholds jail term of Om Prakash Chautala, his son
Rapper Ne-Yo has reportedly become embroiled in legal troubles with an ex-girlfriend, after breaking a confidentiality agreement.
The 30-year-old 'Let Me Love You' singer was believed to be the father of ex-girlfriend Jessica White's child in early 2009, resulting in his payment of over USD 575,000 in custodial support, reported TMZ online.
It was later revealed through a paternity test that Ne-Yo was in fact not the biological father of the child, which led to another legal battle.
Ne-Yo and his ex-girlfriend eventually reached a settlement which blocked both parties from discussing details of the situation with the media.
Earlier this year, Ne-Yo spoke about the incident for an interview on VH1's Behind the Music.
White has now accused Ne-Yo of failing to honour their agreement and defaming her character.
White has reportedly hired attorney Gloria Allred to represent her, claiming that Ne-Yo's actions resulted in "vomiting and hair loss".
She is seeking to settle the matter amicably and out of court.
Ne-Yo is currently gearing up for the launch of a 2013 arena tour.