NGO protests against Honey Singh's lyrics for encouraging rape, seeks ban
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
An NGO has protested against singer Honey Singh's concert in the city on June 2 and requested the city police commissioner not to permit his performance saying his songs promote violence against women and even encourage rape.
Several youth workers of the NGO blackened posters of the singer at several places in the city and tore them off.
"The Punjab and Haryana court has come down heavily on Honey Singh's lewd lyrics and had also booked him for singing vulgar songs in public. A case was registered against him under provisions of Section 294 (singing, reciting or uttering any obscene song, ballad or words, in or near any public place) of the Indian Penal Code in Punjab's Nawanshahr district," a spokesperson of the NGO said.