NGO protests against Honey Singh's lyrics for encouraging rape, seeks ban
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
An NGO has protested against singer Honey Singh's concert in the city on June 2 and requested the city police commissioner not to permit his performance saying his songs promote violence against women and even encourage rape.
Several youth workers of the NGO blackened posters of the singer at several places in the city and tore them off.
"The Punjab and Haryana court has come down heavily on Honey Singh's lewd lyrics and had also booked him for singing vulgar songs in public. A case was registered against him under provisions of Section 294 (singing, reciting or uttering any obscene song, ballad or words, in or near any public place) of the Indian Penal Code in Punjab's Nawanshahr district," a spokesperson of the NGO said.
The NGO questioned how Singh's performance could be permitted when the Punjab police registered a case against him for his vulgar songs.