NGO protests against Honey Singh's lyrics for encouraging rape, seeks ban
- Coal scam: SC stays summons for Ex-PM Manmohan Singh, P C Parakh, K M Birla
- Leave Delhi: That’s what doctors are prescribing to patients with serious respiratory ailments
- Poster girl of India's tobacco battle Sunita Tomar dies
- Re-promulgation of land ordinance with 9 changes gets Cabinet nod
- Panic spreads as more rain forecast for Valley today
An NGO has protested against singer Honey Singh's concert in the city on June 2 and requested the city police commissioner not to permit his performance saying his songs promote violence against women and even encourage rape.
Several youth workers of the NGO blackened posters of the singer at several places in the city and tore them off.
"The Punjab and Haryana court has come down heavily on Honey Singh's lewd lyrics and had also booked him for singing vulgar songs in public. A case was registered against him under provisions of Section 294 (singing, reciting or uttering any obscene song, ballad or words, in or near any public place) of the Indian Penal Code in Punjab's Nawanshahr district," a spokesperson of the NGO said.
The NGO questioned how Singh's performance could be permitted when the Punjab police registered a case against him for his vulgar songs.