NGO protests against Honey Singh's lyrics for encouraging rape, seeks ban
- Watch Video: Crane collapses at Mecca mosque in Saudi Arabia, death toll reaches 87, 9 Indians injured
- Hyderabad woman held at airport could be IS recruiter
- Maharashtra: Civic body withdraws ban on slaughter and sale of meat
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts verdict: 12 out of 13 accused convicted
- Files concerning Netaji will be in public domain from next Friday: Mamata
An NGO has protested against singer Honey Singh's concert in the city on June 2 and requested the city police commissioner not to permit his performance saying his songs promote violence against women and even encourage rape.
Several youth workers of the NGO blackened posters of the singer at several places in the city and tore them off.
"The Punjab and Haryana court has come down heavily on Honey Singh's lewd lyrics and had also booked him for singing vulgar songs in public. A case was registered against him under provisions of Section 294 (singing, reciting or uttering any obscene song, ballad or words, in or near any public place) of the Indian Penal Code in Punjab's Nawanshahr district," a spokesperson of the NGO said.