NGO seeks probe in ‘fake’ Jal Satyagraha
- Yoga Day celebration at Rajpath sets two Guinness World Records
- Yoga not religious; an antidote to violence, conflict: Swaraj at UN
- Death toll climbs to 97 in Mumbai hooch tragedy, 2 women arrested
- 'Peepli Live' co-director, Mahmood Farooqui arrested on rape charges
- Lalit Modi invoked British royal names for UK travel papers
Terming the recent Jal Satyagraha in Khandwa district of Madhya Pradesh as "fake", an NGO today demanded a probe. "It is quiet reprehensible to learn that the Narmada Bachao Andolan has taken the whole media fraternity of the country for a ride through its faked Jal Satyagraha in Khandwa,"Poorvottar Sanskriti Sansthan state president Thakur Jagdish Singh alleged. "This was apparently done to ride on sympathy wave and make the state government succumb to its pressure tactics,which it has been doing for long," Singh further alleged. The PSS urged the MP government and state Human Rights Commission to probe the "fake" NBA sponsored Jal Satyagraha.