NGO to honour women on Lohri
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
The Malwa Sabhacharak Manch will organise its 20th Lohri Mela between January 9 and 11 at Dana Mandi. The organisation has decided to hand Rs 5,100 to 21 new born girls as part of the Lohri celebrations.
Apart from this, the manch will honour women, who have achieved new heights in their respective fields. Sandeep Riat, a businesswomen, will be given the Satpal Mittal Udyog Vikas entrepreneur award while folk singer Satwinder Bitti will get the Jagmohan Kaur Yaadgari Sangeet award.
Pany Sandhu, an US based NRI who runs a Punjabi channel there, will be conferred the Shaheed Kartar Singh Sarabha Media award. The other women to be honoured include singer Sarabjeet Kaur Kokewali, Sonika Malhotra Kandhari from MBD group and Jagwinder Kaur Virk - a Canada-based NRI.