NGO to honour women on Lohri
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri, says communal harmony will take country forward
- Mobile internet services cut in Jammu after recovery of cows' carcasses
- Volkswagen recalls 389 units of Polo model in India
- Air Force plans for women to fight wars: will they fly in the face of conventional non-combat roles?
- After Mumbai, Ghulam Ali's concert in Pune cancelled following Shiv Sena protest
The Malwa Sabhacharak Manch will organise its 20th Lohri Mela between January 9 and 11 at Dana Mandi. The organisation has decided to hand Rs 5,100 to 21 new born girls as part of the Lohri celebrations.
Apart from this, the manch will honour women, who have achieved new heights in their respective fields. Sandeep Riat, a businesswomen, will be given the Satpal Mittal Udyog Vikas entrepreneur award while folk singer Satwinder Bitti will get the Jagmohan Kaur Yaadgari Sangeet award.
Pany Sandhu, an US based NRI who runs a Punjabi channel there, will be conferred the Shaheed Kartar Singh Sarabha Media award. The other women to be honoured include singer Sarabjeet Kaur Kokewali, Sonika Malhotra Kandhari from MBD group and Jagwinder Kaur Virk - a Canada-based NRI.