NHRC asks govt to file report on Deganga violence
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
The National Human Right Commission (NHRC) asked the Bengal government to file a report on the violence that took place on September 7, at Deganga within a month, said Joydeep Mukherjee, general secretary of the All India Legal Aid Forum. Mukherjee said that he had lodged a complaint with the NHRC on the Deganga violence, where the police did not act properly during the communal clash. Mukherjee said that a team of the forum had visited the Deganga on September 21 and prepared a report, which was handed over to the NHRC.