NHRC seeks report on ‘custodial torture’
- Dawood's hanging would have satisfied us more: Family of 93 blasts victim
- Terrorists who attacked Gurdaspur came from Pakistan: Rajnath Singh
- Nation bids tearful adieu to former president APJ Abdul Kalam
- Why this unseemly hurry in Yakub execution: Prashant Bhushan
- Taliban confirms leader Mullah Omar's death, new successor already in place
The National Human Rights Commission on Tuesday issued notices to UP Police and jail authorities following reports of one Ashutosh Singh of Kaushali village losing his fingers and facing amputation of his gangrene feet due to alleged custodial torture.The rights body has issued notices to SSP and Superintendent of District Jail in Gorakhpur.