NHRC seeks report on ‘custodial torture’
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured in road accident in Jaipur; one dead
- Fadnavis rubbishes reports of flight delay, threatens to take legal action
- Madrasas to be de-recognised in Maharashtra; Congress calls the move unconstitutional
- Rs 526 crore for AAP govt publicity; Congress asks is it to purchase media
- Fearing action, 1400 primary teachers with fake degree resign in Bihar
The National Human Rights Commission on Tuesday issued notices to UP Police and jail authorities following reports of one Ashutosh Singh of Kaushali village losing his fingers and facing amputation of his gangrene feet due to alleged custodial torture.The rights body has issued notices to SSP and Superintendent of District Jail in Gorakhpur.