NIA arrests ‘IM man’
- Cong makes public Raje's signed document backing Lalit Modi, asks govt to sack her
- Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal announces run for US presidential elections 2016
- Maharashtra minister Pankaja Munde accused of Rs 206 crore 'scam'
- Smriti Irani in dock over fake degree; Congress, AAP demand her sacking
- All above the age of 75 in BJP declared brain dead by Modi: Yashwant Sinha
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Tuesday arrested an alleged Indian Mujahideen (IM) operative, Aftab Alam alias Farooq, 25, who is reportedly an IED expert.
Farooq, who was arrested by the Delhi Police's special cell in December 2011, was lodged in Tihar Jail. The NIA arrested him after Danish Ansari, another IM operative, reportedly said Farooq trained recruits in assembling bombs.
According to NIA, Farooq was recruited by Yasin Bhatkal in 2009, after the two met at a madrasa in Patna. A resident of Purnea in Bihar, Farooq later moved to Darbhanga. Farooq was also alleged to be involved in 2010 Chinnaswamy stadium blasts along with Yasin.
The NIA sought his remand for 10 days. Farooq will be taken to Darbhanga to identify locations where the group trained recruits. He will also be confronted with Danish.