NIA gives govt names of ‘RSS-linked terrorists’
- Babri demolition sting an attempt to inject poison in peaceful election atmosphere: BJP
- Sentencing in Shakti Mills gang-rape case likely today, convicts may get death
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: Middleman Haschke enters plea bargain
- AAP manifesto: Jan Lokpal, justice system party's top priority
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal attacked in Delhi, Modi slams Sonia over women's safety
Amid the continued BJP and RSS attack on Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde for saying the two outfits were promoting "Hindu terror" in their training camps, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) Tuesday gave to Shinde's ministry a list of "right wing suspects (who) were associated with either RSS or its affiliated groups at one point or the other".
The NIA, which has been investigating alleged terror attacks by Hindu extremist groups from 2006-08, has so far arrested 24 people and declared seven as absconders.
The NIA gave details of 10 suspected extremists who it said were affiliated to the RSS or allied groups between 2001 and 2008 when the conspiracies were allegedly hatched.
"Yes, there is evidence," Home Secretary R K Singh said. "We have names of at least 10 persons involved in the Samjhauta Express (February 2007), Mecca Masjid (May 2007) and (Ajmer) Dargah Sharif blasts (October 2007)who were associated with RSS at some point or other." The NIA has named:
Swami Aseemanand, who was prant pracharak pramukh of the Sangh Parivar outfit Vanvasi Kalyan Ashram in Dangs from the 1990s until 2007;
Sunil Joshi, an RSS zila pracharak in Dewas and Mhow from the 1990s to 2003, who was killed in Dewas in December 2007;
Ramji Kalsangra, a vistarak in Dewas who is on the run;
Shivam Dhakad, allegedly a sharirik pramukh of the RSS in Dewas, whose elder brother Rameshwar Dhakad was allegedly a Madhya Pradesh BJP worker;
Sandeep Dange, an absconding accused in the Samjhauta, Mecca Masjid and Ajmer bombings, who was allegedly an RSS pracharak in Mhow, Indore, Uttarkashi and Shajapur from the 1990s to 2006;
Devender Gupta, accused in the Ajmer and Samjhauta blasts, who was an RSS zila pracharak in Jamtara in Jharkhand between 2003 and 2006;
Kamal Chauhan, a Samjhauta blast accused who was allegedly an RSS vistarak in 2001-02;
- Arvind Kejriwal punched during roadshow in Delhi, AAP supporters thrash attacker
- Afghans see hope in chance to choose new leader
- Why those behind bars be allowed to contest elections, SC asks government
- Obama appoints Indian-American to key administration post
- SC refuses to entertain PIL against post-poll alliances by parties
- 700 Indian-owned cos in UK employ over 1 lakh persons: study