NIA, NSG teams rushed to blasts sites: Sushil Kumar Shinde
- Telangana: Five alleged SIMI activists shot dead on way to court
- LIVE Andhra Pradesh: At least 20 killed as police open fire on smugglers
- RBI Governor Rajan keeps policy rate unchanged on fears of food inflation
- Cleaning dirty mouths of BJP leaders: Sena to PM
- SC refers pleas challenging validity of NJAC to constitution bench
NIA and NSG teams have rushed to the blats sites in Patna, Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said in Mumbai on Sunday.
"There were five blasts in and around Gandhi Maidan in Patna where five people were killed and 72 people were injured. I am in contact with the Bihar government," Shinde told reporters in Mumbai on the sidelines of a function.
Shinde also informed that the NIA team stationed at Bodh Gaya in Bihar in connection with the July bombings was also being rushed to the site of explosions in Patna.
When asked if it was a terror strike, the Home Minister evaded a direct reply, saying he was giving whatever information he had with him.