Nicki Minaj storms off American Idol set
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
The already tense relationship between judges Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj went even further south on the sets of the American Idol recently with the rapper storming out of an audition session.
As American Idol's talent search headed to Charlotte, North Carolina on Wednesday, things got heated up and production had to shut down for a bit, reported People
A speedway full of aspiring singers were left sitting idle after disagreements over the judges' varying styles of critique, particularly of 20-year-old Summer Cunningham,
"Why are we picking her apart?" Minaj asked after Carey questioned whether the contestant's voice was best-suited for country music.
"Really? Is that what I did? We're trying to help her as opposed to just talk about her outfit," responded Carey.
That retort caused Minaj to throw a fit. "Oh, you're right. I'm sorry I can't help her. Maybe I should just get off the panel," she said before walking off the set.
As Minaj left, Carey said, "I was going to do that the next time she ragged on me."