Nico Rosberg aims to complete a perfect set of three at German Grand Prix
- India vs Sri Lanka Live Cricket Score: India steady after losing Ajinkya Rahane early
- Congress, SP, BSP indulging in "WWF-like fights in UP: Modi
- 103 crorepati candidates in Odisha's 70 Assembly seats: report
- Narendra Modi not my protege, a brilliant events manager: L K Advani
- Elections 2014 LIVE: FIR filed against Amit Shah for 'badla remark'; Modi to file nomination papers from Vadodara LS seat
Nico Rosberg aims this weekend to complete a perfect set of three 'home' wins when he leads the Mercedes team into the German Grand Prix. After Monaco, where he grew up and lives, and Silverstone, a circuit that is barely 15 kilometres from his outfit's Brackley base, the Nurburgring, a traditional Formula One venue steeped in history and located in the Eifel mountains, represents the track of his motherland -- and he believes that with the momentum he has generated, he has a great chance of claiming another win.
"We are fast and we are setting the pace and we are growing into the role of being favourites for the races now," said Rosberg. "That is a fantastic feeling and for me, personally, it would be so good, so fantastic, if I can win again to complete a hat-trick of three wins on my home circuits."
Rosberg, 28 last Thursday on the eve of the British Grand Prix, emerged triumphant last Sunday after a spectacular tyre failure had blown Mercedes team-mate Briton Lewis Hamilton out of the lead at his home race after he had taken pole and
dominated from the start.
Three other drivers suffered major tyre blowouts during a race that ended in chaos and controversy with some drivers threatening to strike unless the sport made immediate changes to the low-wear, low-durability Pirelli tyres that had failed.
In the end, following interventions by Frenchman Jean Todt, the president of the sport's ruling body, the International Motoring Federation (FIA), Pirelli announced this week that they will be changing the tyres supplied from those built round a construction of steel to tyres that are made with a Kevlar structure.
In a statement ahead of the German race, Pirelli motorsport boss Paul Hembery said: "Nurburgring is one of the circuits that we have the least experience of, having only raced here once before in Formula One, but we're certain that we have chosen the correct compromise between performance and durability by bringing medium and soft compounds.
- BJP divisive, Left's stock dwindling: PM
- Amit Shah booked for his “revenge” remark
- AAP to concentrate on Nilgiris, Central Chennai, Sivaganga
- China search vessels find no clues for missing MH370 flight
- Army jawan arrested on charges of rape in Kashmir
- Lok Sabha poll candidates in MP use nicknames to attract voters
- Babri Masjid demolition sting: BJP questions timing, asks EC to stop telecast
- Apmaan ka badla lena hoga: Amit Shah in Muzaffarnagar | The Indian Express
- Arvind Kejriwal punched during roadshow in Delhi, AAP supporters thrash attacker
- Sentencing in Shakti Mills gang-rape case likely today, convicts may get death