Nicole Kidman was blindsided by Tom Cruise in divorce
- Not RSSâs job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits: Bhagwat
- Malaysia Airlines flight case: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Nicole Kidman thought her marriage with Tom Cruise was perfect until the actor shocked her by filing for divorce in 2001.
Kidman is now happily married to country music star Keith Urban and the couple raise two children together but the 'Australia' star admits that it took her a lot of time to recover from her divorce, a media report said.
"I thought our life together was perfect. It took me a very long time to heal. It was a shock to my system," Kidman recalled.
Despite the shock divorce, Kidman claims the pair had a happy marriage.
"We were in a bubble, just the two of us. We became very dependent on one another. I was reeling with Tom. I would have gone to the ends of the earth for him.... I was totally smitten - I fell madly, passionately in love."
The 45-year-old, however, admits, "I was so impulsive and naive."
Kidman has moved on in life since and has built a family for herself, something that she missed in her previous marriage.
"I'm happier than I've ever been in my life... My life changed. He (Urban) is a wonderful, caring man and he makes me feel secure. We don't ever like to be separated.
"We have a wonderful home life. There's always music. Keith plays the guitar and piano and drums. He's always composing music. It's lovely when you have a baby who picks up the drumsticks and plays, wearing angel wings."
Cruise is single again after the collapse of his third marriage to Katie Holmes, who filed for divorce just days before his 50th birthday in June this year.
The former couple share the custody of daughter Suri and have amicably settled.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress