Nicole Kidman was blindsided by Tom Cruise in divorce
- Putin calls Turkey's downing of Russian jet 'stab in the back'
- Today, world looks towards India with great faith: PM in Singapore
- Aamir Khan at RNG awards: Here is the complete conversation
- Bomb attack on Tunisia presidential guard bus kills 11
- BJP MLA suspended from Delhi Assembly for abusing AAP legislator Alka Lamba
Nicole Kidman thought her marriage with Tom Cruise was perfect until the actor shocked her by filing for divorce in 2001.
Kidman is now happily married to country music star Keith Urban and the couple raise two children together but the 'Australia' star admits that it took her a lot of time to recover from her divorce, a media report said.
"I thought our life together was perfect. It took me a very long time to heal. It was a shock to my system," Kidman recalled.
Despite the shock divorce, Kidman claims the pair had a happy marriage.
"We were in a bubble, just the two of us. We became very dependent on one another. I was reeling with Tom. I would have gone to the ends of the earth for him.... I was totally smitten - I fell madly, passionately in love."
The 45-year-old, however, admits, "I was so impulsive and naive."
Kidman has moved on in life since and has built a family for herself, something that she missed in her previous marriage.
"I'm happier than I've ever been in my life... My life changed. He (Urban) is a wonderful, caring man and he makes me feel secure. We don't ever like to be separated.
"We have a wonderful home life. There's always music. Keith plays the guitar and piano and drums. He's always composing music. It's lovely when you have a baby who picks up the drumsticks and plays, wearing angel wings."
Cruise is single again after the collapse of his third marriage to Katie Holmes, who filed for divorce just days before his 50th birthday in June this year.
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it
- For many Bangladeshis, they hint at closure for 1971
- The big question: Proper returns to farmers
- Delhi HC versus DDCA
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy