NID holds its 33rd convocation
- Bihar polls: Jitan Ram Manjhi announces alliance with BJP
- NSCN-K plans revenge attack; high alert sounded across Northeast
- Pak Senate slams Modi's remarks, passes resolution
- Parrikar says those who 'fear India's new posture' have started reacting
- Airtel calls it ‘standard solution’, but experts say 'spy code' is illegal
Around 250 post-graduate and under-graduate students of National Institute of Design (NID) received their diplomas at the institute's 33rd convocation ceremony on Thursday.
Addressing the gathering, CMD of Mahindra & Mahindra Anand Mahindra, who is also the chairman of NID's governing council, said degrees in designing were like the new MBAs.
"I can smell a revolution in the air as I stand here at the campus.The future belongs to artists, designers, inventors, innovators and explorers. There are battlefields like workplaces and public landscapes where you will have to bring in change.We will do our best to multiply your tribe (designers)," he said while talking about the four new NIDs that are being mentored by the NID, Ahmedabad.
In his welcome address, NID director Pradyumna Vyas highlighted four new collaborative agreements that the institute has signed with similar entities across the world.
NID is awaiting Central nod for a "Centre of Excellence" status for itself. If it comes, the institute will get Rs 25 crore for infrastructure development from the Centre.
Noted filmmaker Shekhar Kapur, who was the chief guest for the event, also spoke, urging young designers to develop a "new paradigm of culture through design".