NIFT professor held for harassing woman singer through Twitter
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
An Associate Professor of National Institute of Fashion Technology here and another person have been arrested in connection with a complaint by well known singer Chinmayi Sripada of sexual harassment through a social networking site.
City Cyber Crime cell police arrested Saravana Kumar Perumal of NIFT yesterday and A Radhamanian, an assistant in the Tiruppur Collectorate, today based on the October 18 complaint by the singer, police said.
Acting on her complaint that certain individuals had passed vulgar comments about her and her mother on 'Twitter,' police registered a case under the Information Technology Act, 2005 and Prevention of Women Harassment Act.
Both the arrested persons have "confessed" to having committed the crime, police added.