NIFT professor held for harassing woman singer through Twitter
- Maoists kill at least 7 poll officials, seven others in twin attack in Chhattisgarh
- World doesn't trust Modi, says Congress citing British newspaper
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over 'Kargil won by Muslim soldiers' remark
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Manmohan Singh didnât put wifeâs name in Rajya Sabha affidavit, says BJP
An Associate Professor of National Institute of Fashion Technology here and another person have been arrested in connection with a complaint by well known singer Chinmayi Sripada of sexual harassment through a social networking site.
City Cyber Crime cell police arrested Saravana Kumar Perumal of NIFT yesterday and A Radhamanian, an assistant in the Tiruppur Collectorate, today based on the October 18 complaint by the singer, police said.
Acting on her complaint that certain individuals had passed vulgar comments about her and her mother on 'Twitter,' police registered a case under the Information Technology Act, 2005 and Prevention of Women Harassment Act.
Both the arrested persons have "confessed" to having committed the crime, police added.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit