Nifty futures rise by 0.85%
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
GLOBAL MARKETS ROUNDUP
* Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange rise 0.85 percent. The MSCI-Asia Pacific index excluding Japan is up 0.65 percent
* Wall Street slipped on Monday, pulling back from last week's gains, as retailers fell on concerns about heavy discounts at the start of the U.S. holiday shopping season and the overhang of the "fiscal cliff" kept investors wary of making big bets.
* The euro hit a one-month high and Asian shares climbed for a seventh straight day on Tuesday after a deal on new debt targets for Greece and a political agreement on disbursing the next installment of aid.
FACTORS TO WATCH
* Finance minister P Chidambaram will address the media at 4:15 p.m. at the Congress headquarters in New Delhi on how the government intends to push its economic reforms in parliament against the tactics of an obstructive opposition.
* Top officials from Reserve Bank of India and Chinese government part of the 'Asian Financial Cooperation Conference' in Mumbai.
* RBI Deputy Governor Anand Sinha speaks on panel at 0415 GMT on Basel III. Will India force its banks to raise capital next year when the new rules kick in?
INDIAN STOCKS TO WATCH
* Moody's says India's rating outlook is stable.
* India's central bank has relaxed overseas borrowing rules for successful bidders in the country's cellphone airwaves auction, making it easier for them to raise money to pay the cash-strapped government.
* India's National Stock Exchange (NSE) has named Chitra Ramkrishna as its new chief executive officer, effective April 1, 2013, the country's biggest stock exchange said on Monday. NSE's current CEO Ravi Narain will become its non-executive vice
chairman, effective Apr. 1, it said in a statement.
- LIVE: Arvind Kejriwal targets Reliance Industries
- My heart bleeds to see what is happening in the House: ManmohanÂ Singh
- Sonia named Chairperson of Congress Campaign panel for LS polls, Rahul ViceÂ Chairman
- US free to interact with Modi, but must apply standards consistent with its policy on human rights:Â Khurshid