Night belongs to Paan Singh Tomar, Barfi!, Kahaani
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
The 19th Annual Colors Screen Awards got off to a sparkling start Saturday evening at the MMRDA Grounds in Mumbai's Bandra Kurla Complex, celebrating the power and appeal of the Hindi film industry.
The ceremony was special for several reasons: it celebrated 100 years of Indian cinema and remembered the industry's stalwarts who passed away last year, even as it honoured the best of Bollywood in all its facets that made 2012 so memorable.
Continuing with the trend of edgy, experimental and offbeat movies bagging the top honours at Screen awards, the most awards on Saturday went to Paan Singh Tomar, Barfi! and Kahaani. Paan Singh Tomar was adjudged the Best Film while the Best Director trophy went to Anurag Basu for Barfi!. The award for Best Actor was shared by Irrfan and Ranbir Kapoor for Paan Singh Tomar and Barfi! respectively. Vidya Balan continued her winning streak by lifting the Best Actress trophy for the fourth time in a row. This time she got it for playing the role of a pregnant woman looking for her missing husband in Kahaani.
Other top winners were Nawazuddin Siddiqui, who won Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Male) for Talaash, and Dolly Ahluwalia, who won it in the Female category for Vicky Donor. The Best Actor in a Negative Role was bagged by Tigmanshu Dhulia for Gangs of Wasseypur, while the Best Actor in a Comic Role honour was shared by Annu Kapoor (Vicky Donor) and Abhishek Bachchan (Bol Bachchan).
The ceremony mingled the old and new. While the three latest Bollywood entrants, Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan and Sidharth Malhotra, shook a leg to songs from Student of the Year, yesteryear actors Helen and Neetu Kapoor accompanied Ranbir Kapoor for an act on stage. Priyanka Chopra and Sonakshi Sinha danced to a medley of songs in a grand setting.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress