Night shelters to remain open throughout day
- No resignations, BJP prepares for stormy Monsoon session
- IPL GC meet: Thakur-Shirke want CSK, RR scrapped; Shukla-Shastri say no
- Arvind Kejriwal to PM: Devote time to Delhi Police or hand over its charge
- Two killed in landslide on Mumbai-Pune Expressway, traffic comes to halt
- IIT Delhi's decision to invite Ramdev raises eyebrows
Ludhiana:Mayor Harcharan Singh Gohalwaria, on Friday ordered that night shelters of the city remain open not only at night but throughout the day in wake of the biting cold and plummeting temperatures.' Naveen Malhotra, personal assistant to Mayor, talking to Newsline said, "Both our night shelters, near Manju cinema and near the clock tower will now remain open for the homeless, beggars and for poor people throughout the day. They will be provided beddings, blankets and food. The Mayor has taken this decision keeping in view the decreasing temperatures of the city."
Hosiery gutted in fire, one dies
Ludhiana:A major fire broke out at a hosiery unit in Bajwa Nagar near Daresi on Friday. One man, more than 60 years of age, also lost his life in the incident while trying to douse the flames. Owner of the hosiery Mulkraj confirmed the incident and said that the man was a neighbour who tried to douse the fire.