Night shelters to remain open throughout day
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Ashutosh accuses Kapil Sibal of bribing voters; Modi to file nomination from Vadodara today
- Its image dented, and spread too thin, Aam Aadmi Party struggles in Delhi
- Poll panel stares down Mamata
- Amit Shah CD doctored, BJP writes to poll panel
- LS polls: Amid tight security, voting underway in four NE states
Ludhiana:Mayor Harcharan Singh Gohalwaria, on Friday ordered that night shelters of the city remain open not only at night but throughout the day in wake of the biting cold and plummeting temperatures.' Naveen Malhotra, personal assistant to Mayor, talking to Newsline said, "Both our night shelters, near Manju cinema and near the clock tower will now remain open for the homeless, beggars and for poor people throughout the day. They will be provided beddings, blankets and food. The Mayor has taken this decision keeping in view the decreasing temperatures of the city."
Hosiery gutted in fire, one dies
Ludhiana:A major fire broke out at a hosiery unit in Bajwa Nagar near Daresi on Friday. One man, more than 60 years of age, also lost his life in the incident while trying to douse the flames. Owner of the hosiery Mulkraj confirmed the incident and said that the man was a neighbour who tried to douse the fire.
- Poojary banking on ‘sympathy’ for Dakshina Kannada seat
- Solution to water woes key factor in Chikkaballapur
- Eying 85 pc turnout, election dept offers many sops
- Last day, last show: Parties flex muscles, try to connect with one & all
- From societies to slums, Adhalrao-Patil on the move
- Two and a half lakh Christians in city are confused over electing the ‘right’ candidate