Nikhil Advani's 'Chand Bhai' shelved?
- Rajnath Singh has assured us 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' will release without violence: Mukesh Bhatt
- Kerala man is key ISIS ‘recruiter’ luring Indian volunteers to Afghanistan
- US Elections 2016: Donald Trump refuses to commit he will accept election results
- Bhubaneswar fire: SIT directs Enforcement Directorate probe in hospital trust finances
- Jammu-Kashmir: Six terrorists attack BSF post in Samba, India retaliates
Filmmaker Nikhil Advani's film 'Chand Bhai' with actress Vidya Balan is most likely shelved.
The film was to be made with Akshay Khanna and Balan. On if the film has been shelved, Nikhil said, "I think so it has."
'Chand Bhai' was supposed to be story of a boy on the streets who wanted to be a gangster. It was a raw realistic song less film on juvenile delinquency.
After his directorial debut with Karan Johar's home production 'Kal Ho Na Ho', Nikhil's films like 'Salaam-e-Ishq' and 'Chandni Chowk To China' were box office dud while 'Patalia House' did average business.
"I don't feel bad when people associate me with 'Kal Ho Na Ho', it is a great film. As a director one needs to grow and keep making stories that I want people to hear," Nikhil said.
"Today's cinema has changed a lot. Films like 'Vicky Donor', 'Paan Singh Tomar', 'English Vinglish', 'The Dirty Picture' are all working. As long as there is a good story people will come to watch. It is a wonderful time to make films," he said.
Nikhil had earlier worked as an assistant to Karan Johar in films like 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai' and 'Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham'.
"There are no plans as of now to make films with Dharma Production. If we have an interesting idea and if it is possible then we will come together for a film," Nikhil said.
Presently, the director is working on his high octane action film 'D Day'. The movie is about a bunch of RAW agents who are sent by the Indian government to bring Dawood Ibrahim from Pakistan by road.
- Khurram Parvez jailing appears unjust, against govt’s self-interest in troubled Kashmir
- Under PM Modi, new synergy between India’s economic & foreign policy
- Climate justice must be ingrained in rules of new climate compacts
- Despite his outrageous views, Donald Trump represents hope to many Americans
- One advantage of redefining military action as surgery is that it mobilises rhetoric of health
- SC stand on triple talaq remains to be seen