Nikitin Dheer to play a villain in Chennai Express
- Maoists kill at least 7 poll officials, seven others in twin attack in Chhattisgarh
- World doesn't trust Modi, says Congress citing British newspaper
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over 'Kargil won by Muslim soldiers' remark
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Manmohan Singh didnât put wifeâs name in Rajya Sabha affidavit, says BJP
Nikitin Dheer, who was last seen in Dabangg 2 as the villainous Chunnilal, the youngest brother of Prakash Raj and Deepak Dobriyal, has been signed for Rohit Shetty's Chennai Express. The actor, who started his acting career in Jodhaa Akbar as Akbar's scheming brother-in-law Sarifuddin, did a small role in Ready, was signed by Shetty before Dabangg 2 released. "I am really excited to be a part of Chennai Express. Although I play a negative character, it is an important part of the narrative. I also want to make it clear that this is not the role which Prakash Raj was approached for," said actor Pankaj Dheer's son.
Dheer, who plays a South Indian, started shooting in December for the role thta required him to put on 20 kilo. "I have to look big and intimidating, hence the weight gain. I have already gained 10 kilo and will add 10 kilo more," said the actor.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit