Nikitin Dheer to play a villain in Chennai Express
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Nikitin Dheer, who was last seen in Dabangg 2 as the villainous Chunnilal, the youngest brother of Prakash Raj and Deepak Dobriyal, has been signed for Rohit Shetty's Chennai Express. The actor, who started his acting career in Jodhaa Akbar as Akbar's scheming brother-in-law Sarifuddin, did a small role in Ready, was signed by Shetty before Dabangg 2 released. "I am really excited to be a part of Chennai Express. Although I play a negative character, it is an important part of the narrative. I also want to make it clear that this is not the role which Prakash Raj was approached for," said actor Pankaj Dheer's son.
Dheer, who plays a South Indian, started shooting in December for the role thta required him to put on 20 kilo. "I have to look big and intimidating, hence the weight gain. I have already gained 10 kilo and will add 10 kilo more," said the actor.