Nikitin Dheer to play a villain in Chennai Express
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
Nikitin Dheer, who was last seen in Dabangg 2 as the villainous Chunnilal, the youngest brother of Prakash Raj and Deepak Dobriyal, has been signed for Rohit Shetty's Chennai Express. The actor, who started his acting career in Jodhaa Akbar as Akbar's scheming brother-in-law Sarifuddin, did a small role in Ready, was signed by Shetty before Dabangg 2 released. "I am really excited to be a part of Chennai Express. Although I play a negative character, it is an important part of the narrative. I also want to make it clear that this is not the role which Prakash Raj was approached for," said actor Pankaj Dheer's son.
Dheer, who plays a South Indian, started shooting in December for the role thta required him to put on 20 kilo. "I have to look big and intimidating, hence the weight gain. I have already gained 10 kilo and will add 10 kilo more," said the actor.