Nikitin Dheer to play a villain in Chennai Express
- No resignations, BJP prepares for stormy Monsoon session
- IPL GC meet: Thakur-Shirke want CSK, RR scrapped; Shukla-Shastri say no
- Arvind Kejriwal to PM: Devote time to Delhi Police or hand over its charge
- Two killed in landslide on Mumbai-Pune Expressway, traffic comes to halt
- IIT Delhi's decision to invite Ramdev raises eyebrows
Nikitin Dheer, who was last seen in Dabangg 2 as the villainous Chunnilal, the youngest brother of Prakash Raj and Deepak Dobriyal, has been signed for Rohit Shetty's Chennai Express. The actor, who started his acting career in Jodhaa Akbar as Akbar's scheming brother-in-law Sarifuddin, did a small role in Ready, was signed by Shetty before Dabangg 2 released. "I am really excited to be a part of Chennai Express. Although I play a negative character, it is an important part of the narrative. I also want to make it clear that this is not the role which Prakash Raj was approached for," said actor Pankaj Dheer's son.
Dheer, who plays a South Indian, started shooting in December for the role thta required him to put on 20 kilo. "I have to look big and intimidating, hence the weight gain. I have already gained 10 kilo and will add 10 kilo more," said the actor.