Nikki Haley presented with leadership award
- All attempts being made to free soldier in Pakistan captivity: Rajnath Singh
- SC cancels Mohammad Shahabuddin's bail, orders police to take him into custody
- Congress and I stand by PM Narendra Modi: Rahul Gandhi on surgical strikes
- Bihar liquor ban: Patna HC strikes down govt's prohibition law, terms it 'illegal'
- LIVE: PM Modi calls second Cabinet Committee on Security meet
Indian-American South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley has been presented with the leadership award for giving boost to employment in the automobile sector. The inaugural State Leadership Award of the Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA) was presented to Haley - whose husband is currently serving in Afghanistan at a function in Piedmont.
"Governor Haley is committed to bringing jobs to South Carolina and has fought hard for the motor vehicle supplier industry in her state," said Bob McKenna, MEMA president and CEO. In South Carolina, motor vehicle parts manufacturers directly employ 24,569 people. Since January 2011, South Carolina has recruited more than USD 5 billion in capital investment and more than 8,000 jobs in the automotive-related sector. "We have worked hard to strengthen our state's business- friendly climate to help companies more easily find success," 41-year-old Haley said. "We certainly understand the enormous economic impact the automotive industry has on our state. It's an honor to be
recognized for our efforts and I look forward to continuing to
do everything I can to make sure South Carolina is the 'it'
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment