Nilekaniís daughter to wed her Yale senior
- Be ready for polls at all times: PM Modi to Gujarat, Rajasthan MPs
- Statement in SC: CBI bid to shunt out coal scam probe DIGs
- Give us details of 271 illegal immigrants: India tells US
- Shiv Sena MP takes August Kranti Rajdhani to Mumbai after top airlines blacklist him
- Sports ministry clears move to make doping a criminal offence
Nandan & Rohini Nilekani's older daughter Jahnavi has just got engaged the day-before-yesterday.†Nandan Nilekani, one of the co-founders of Infosys, is currently the chairman of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
She is to wed in June 2012.†Jahnavi is enrolled for her PhD at the Kennedy School in Harvard.†Her fiancť is Shray Chandra, her senior at Yale, and son of an employee of Tata Steel.†His mother is a school teacher.
Shray is currently working at a tech start-up in Bangalore , while Jahnavi is taking a sabbatical from her PhD and has relocated to Bangalore until the wedding, where she will work with an non-governmental organisation (NGO). The couple wants to move back to the US after the wedding when Shray hopes to enroll for his MBA and Jahnavi will resume her PhD.
The Nilekanis also has a younger son, who is currently studying at Yale. Jahnavi owns 0.29 per cent of Infosys, as does her brother Nihar.
- At the time of political triumph of India’s majority party, let’s recall a few Emergency stories
- For Nawaz Sharif, one shows the way to hardening hostility, the other to fragile peace
- Bhagat Singh's ideas on nationalism, reason, religion and politics are relevant today
- Why Anti-Discrimination and Equality Bill 2016 must find champions in the Centre and states
- Narendra Modi’s political style is similar to that of Indira Gandhi — as will be his challenges
- With BJP in power in three Northeastern states, a chance to solve the Naga problem