Nilekaniís daughter to wed her Yale senior
- Arvind Kejriwal offers to resign as AAP national convener
- Will fix responsibility, assures Rajnath Singh as House debates Dec 16 gangrape documentary
- Setback for Ashok Chavan, HC refuses dropping his name from Adarsh scam accused list
- Reserve Bank of India cuts interest rate by 25 basis points
- Biggest ever spectrum auction begins; govt eyeing over Rs 80K-cr revenue
Nandan & Rohini Nilekani's older daughter Jahnavi has just got engaged the day-before-yesterday.†Nandan Nilekani, one of the co-founders of Infosys, is currently the chairman of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
She is to wed in June 2012.†Jahnavi is enrolled for her PhD at the Kennedy School in Harvard.†Her fiancť is Shray Chandra, her senior at Yale, and son of an employee of Tata Steel.†His mother is a school teacher.
Shray is currently working at a tech start-up in Bangalore , while Jahnavi is taking a sabbatical from her PhD and has relocated to Bangalore until the wedding, where she will work with an non-governmental organisation (NGO). The couple wants to move back to the US after the wedding when Shray hopes to enroll for his MBA and Jahnavi will resume her PhD.
The Nilekanis also has a younger son, who is currently studying at Yale. Jahnavi owns 0.29 per cent of Infosys, as does her brother Nihar.
Shray, who grew up in Jamshedpur, had graduated in economics and computer science from Yale and has earlier worked as a risk analyst at JP Morgan Chase.