Nilekaniís daughter to wed her Yale senior
- SP feud live updates: Mulayam, Akhilesh camps arrive at Election Commission's office
- What's the big deal if budget presented on Feb 1, which law violated? SC asks PIL petitioner
- Centre moves SC against NGT ban on 10-year-old diesel vehicles
- Sahara fastest disposal in 5 years, I-T panel admits
- Tata Sons appoints TCS chief N Chandrasekaran as chairman
Nandan & Rohini Nilekani's older daughter Jahnavi has just got engaged the day-before-yesterday.†Nandan Nilekani, one of the co-founders of Infosys, is currently the chairman of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
She is to wed in June 2012.†Jahnavi is enrolled for her PhD at the Kennedy School in Harvard.†Her fiancť is Shray Chandra, her senior at Yale, and son of an employee of Tata Steel.†His mother is a school teacher.
Shray is currently working at a tech start-up in Bangalore , while Jahnavi is taking a sabbatical from her PhD and has relocated to Bangalore until the wedding, where she will work with an non-governmental organisation (NGO). The couple wants to move back to the US after the wedding when Shray hopes to enroll for his MBA and Jahnavi will resume her PhD.
The Nilekanis also has a younger son, who is currently studying at Yale. Jahnavi owns 0.29 per cent of Infosys, as does her brother Nihar.
- As we struggle to make sense of Trump, it is important to revisit the rise of Margaret Thatcher and Ronald Reagan
- The ideological moorings of the RSS are criticised by the Left and neoliberal Right
- Restoring Class X exams will lead to exclusion of disadvantaged sections from higher education
- Governments are making Aadhaar mandatory in contravention of court orders
- Fundamental rights are no gifts of state, Constitution only confirms their existence
- It’s time parliamentary panels open their doors when witnesses testify