Nilekaniís daughter to wed her Yale senior
- Parliament LIVE: Both Houses adjourned till 2 pm, Modi may speak
- Bharat Bandh disrupts normal life in Kerala, Tripura, most of India unaffected
- ‘Bharat Bandh’ LIVE: Congress workers detained in Jammu; MK Stalin in preventive custody
- Khalistani militant Harminder Singh Mintoo who escaped from Punjab jail arrested in Delhi
- Nabha jailbreak: Tipped off, Harminder Singh Mintoo tagged along
Nandan & Rohini Nilekani's older daughter Jahnavi has just got engaged the day-before-yesterday.†Nandan Nilekani, one of the co-founders of Infosys, is currently the chairman of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
She is to wed in June 2012.†Jahnavi is enrolled for her PhD at the Kennedy School in Harvard.†Her fiancť is Shray Chandra, her senior at Yale, and son of an employee of Tata Steel.†His mother is a school teacher.
Shray is currently working at a tech start-up in Bangalore , while Jahnavi is taking a sabbatical from her PhD and has relocated to Bangalore until the wedding, where she will work with an non-governmental organisation (NGO). The couple wants to move back to the US after the wedding when Shray hopes to enroll for his MBA and Jahnavi will resume her PhD.
The Nilekanis also has a younger son, who is currently studying at Yale. Jahnavi owns 0.29 per cent of Infosys, as does her brother Nihar.
- UP assembly shows politics has become more diverse in terms of caste, homogeneous in class
- Demonetisation won’t hurt ‘kala dhan’ — it will only damage economic growth
- Who can become an Indian citizen?
- Social practice needs to be gender-just, but reform must respect religious freedom
- Fidel Castro: The power of heroism
- Across the aisle: No jobs, no credit growth, no private investments