Nine die in Russian plane crash: official
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Ashutosh accuses Kapil Sibal of bribing voters; Modi to file nomination from Vadodara today
- Its image dented, and spread too thin, Aam Aadmi Party struggles in Delhi
- Poll panel stares down Mamata
- Amit Shah CD doctored, BJP writes to poll panel
- LS polls: Amid tight security, voting underway in four NE states
A Russian cargo plane crashed into a military warehouse complex in Siberia today, killing all nine people on board, the emergencies ministry said.
The Antonov An-12 military transport plane, flying from the Siberian city of Novosibirsk with cargo on board, crashed into storage warehouses at a military unit near Irkutsk, another Siberian city.
"There were nine people on board, they all died," the emergencies ministry said in a statement.
A defence ministry spokesman said the airplane destroyed the roofs of two buildings where auto parts were stored. No injuries were reported among the military personnel on the ground, he told Russian agencies.
The Interfax news agency reported that the plane had crashed into warehouses containing ammunition. An emergencies ministry spokesman could not immediately confirm the report. The plane belonged to an aircraft maker in Irkutsk.
- Walmart to launch 50 stores in big India push
- Poojary banking on ‘sympathy’ for Dakshina Kannada seat
- Solution to water woes key factor in Chikkaballapur
- Eying 85 pc turnout, election dept offers many sops
- Last day, last show: Parties flex muscles, try to connect with one & all
- From societies to slums, Adhalrao-Patil on the move