Nine firms take part in Haldia pre-bid meet
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
The pre-bid meeting for mechanisation of berths 2 and 8 at Haldia port, where ABG-led Haldia Bulk Terminals used to operate, was held today.
Kolkata Port Trust officials were tight-lipped about the nine companies that participated in the tender process.
Damodar Nayak, manager shipping and cargo-handling, said, "Among the nine companies that participated in the meeting, five companies were from other states and four were local companies. But we cannot disclose the names of the companies before everything is settled."
Senior officials of KOPT added that the companies expressed satisfaction over the law and order situation in Haldia dock.
The Haldia Dock Bachao Committee (HDBC) said that out of the nine companies that participated in the meeting, only two companies have experience in cargo-handling that was mentioned in the tender floated on November 14.