Nine firms take part in Haldia pre-bid meet
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- India joins global search to locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
The pre-bid meeting for mechanisation of berths 2 and 8 at Haldia port, where ABG-led Haldia Bulk Terminals used to operate, was held today.
Kolkata Port Trust officials were tight-lipped about the nine companies that participated in the tender process.
Damodar Nayak, manager shipping and cargo-handling, said, "Among the nine companies that participated in the meeting, five companies were from other states and four were local companies. But we cannot disclose the names of the companies before everything is settled."
Senior officials of KOPT added that the companies expressed satisfaction over the law and order situation in Haldia dock.
The Haldia Dock Bachao Committee (HDBC) said that out of the nine companies that participated in the meeting, only two companies have experience in cargo-handling that was mentioned in the tender floated on November 14.
The two firms which have experience are reportedly International Sea Ports Haldia Private Limited and Tata Martrade International Logistics Limited.