Nine firms take part in Haldia pre-bid meet
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Emissary row: Sanjay Saraf dismisses reports of carrying any message from BJP
- The Third Front: Why transgenders remain a minority in election process
- Lok Sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- Elections LIVE 2014: Modi would have ousted Vajpayee like Jaswant and Advani, says Rahul
The pre-bid meeting for mechanisation of berths 2 and 8 at Haldia port, where ABG-led Haldia Bulk Terminals used to operate, was held today.
Kolkata Port Trust officials were tight-lipped about the nine companies that participated in the tender process.
Damodar Nayak, manager shipping and cargo-handling, said, "Among the nine companies that participated in the meeting, five companies were from other states and four were local companies. But we cannot disclose the names of the companies before everything is settled."
Senior officials of KOPT added that the companies expressed satisfaction over the law and order situation in Haldia dock.
The Haldia Dock Bachao Committee (HDBC) said that out of the nine companies that participated in the meeting, only two companies have experience in cargo-handling that was mentioned in the tender floated on November 14.
The two firms which have experience are reportedly International Sea Ports Haldia Private Limited and Tata Martrade International Logistics Limited.