Nine get life for murder in Junagadh
- Vyapam scam: MP government agrees to get journalist's viscera tested at AIIMS in Delhi
- Opinion polls show 'No' votes ahead in Greek bailout referendum
- Pakistan violates ceasefire again in Kashmir, BSF gives befitting reply
- Will do everything possible to make India innovation hub: PM Narendra Modi
- Jabalpur Medical College Dean with links to Vyapam accused found dead
A Court in Gujarat's Junagadh district Tuesday awarded life imprisonment to nine persons in a 2009 murder case.
District and Sessions Court Judge G M Patel also slapped a fine of Rs 1,500 each on all the convicts, who were found guilty of murdering one Pujabhai Kalabhai Ahir, a resident of Bhindora village in Manavadar taluka.
Ahir was killed in on May 14, 2009, during election to Bhindora village panchayat, said N D Mori, public prosecutor in the case.
Police had arrested nine persons, all hailing from the same village, in connection with the murder and later filed chargesheet against them, said Mori.
The accused were found guilty under IPC Sections 302 (murder), 149 (unlawful assembly), 147 (rioting) and other sections.