Nine Metro stations to remain closed tomorrow
Nine Metro stations in Central Delhi will continue to remain closed tomorrow as per a Delhi Police directive to prevent protesters from reaching India Gate.
The nine stations, including the perennially busy Rajiv Chowk, will continue to remain closed tomorrow as well, DMRC officials said tonight.
They said the decision was taken as per directions from Delhi Police.
The Metro stations which will remain closed are Pragati Maidan, Mandi House, Barakhamba Road, Rajiv Chowk, Patel Chowk, Central Secretariat, Udyog Bhawan, Race Course and Khan Market.
These stations remained closed today as well though some gates were opened late in the evening. Commuters were put to lot of inconvenience due to the shutdown today.
- Why my newspaper responded to Assam Rifles notice
- India is indebted to Shanti Bhushan for undoing Indira Gandhi’s 42nd Amendment
- Now that Bihar’s women have voted, what about their economic rights?
- Sedition and political speech
- Indian channels have a lot to learn from the international coverage of 13/11
- Europe’s challenge: Find a political solution to the quagmire in West Asia