Nine Metro stations to remain closed tomorrow
- India's future cannot exist without the future of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Will appoint nodal officer to help Kashmiri youth across the country: Rajnath Singh in Srinagar
- Dec 16 Delhi gangrape case: Convict attempts suicide inside Tihar Jail, rushed to hospital
- Earthquake in Italy kills 247, toll may rise as rescuers continue hunt for survivors
- Rahul Gandhi twisting statement, must show generosity, apologise: RSS
Nine Metro stations in Central Delhi will continue to remain closed tomorrow as per a Delhi Police directive to prevent protesters from reaching India Gate.
The nine stations, including the perennially busy Rajiv Chowk, will continue to remain closed tomorrow as well, DMRC officials said tonight.
They said the decision was taken as per directions from Delhi Police.
The Metro stations which will remain closed are Pragati Maidan, Mandi House, Barakhamba Road, Rajiv Chowk, Patel Chowk, Central Secretariat, Udyog Bhawan, Race Course and Khan Market.
These stations remained closed today as well though some gates were opened late in the evening. Commuters were put to lot of inconvenience due to the shutdown today.
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully
- India’s dependence on China for medicine ingredients is a matter of concern
- Before Balochistan, India has supported some human rights causes and ignored others
- Olympics brought many smiles — and a little bit of rancour
- Harish Gupta case involves questions about the very nature of governmental decision-making
- Tension between the executive and judiciary could play out in creative, or destructive, ways