Nine months after abduction, culprits nabbed but no clue of girl
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
More than nine months after a girl was abducted, police have finally arrested four accused on Saturday but failed to get any clue about the girl. The abduction took place in March, 2012 but police took registered the case on December 12 after repeated complaints of the victim's mother.
The victim was a student of BCom at Lovely Professional University in Jalandhar but was abducted from Ludhiana. The police produced the accused before the court on Sunday and awarded one-day custody to the police.
The accused have been identified as Gagandeep, Kamaljit, Madanjeet and Amandeep Singh.
"I kept running pillar to post for nine months in police statations to register the case but it was not registered," said the mother of the victim.
Sub-Inspector Davinder Singh, Station House Office of Jamalpur police station said: "We arresred the accused from Mundiyan area on Saturday. The accused have not revealed anything about the girl yet. The accused will be questioned about the girl now," said Singh.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer