Nine SSB jawans held for molesting NCC cadets in train
- SC bans registration of diesel vehicles above 2000cc in Delhi from Jan 1
- A day after CBI raid, Kejriwal points finger at Arun Jaitley over DDCA irregularities
- What Kejriwal’s tweets set off in BJP party office and the House
- Benchmark trial done in record 9 months, wheels of justice stall in other rape cases
- Either GST or destabilising of non-BJP govts, both cannot be together: Ghulam Nabi Azad
The Government Railway Police (GRP) has arrested nine Sashastra Seema Bal personnel on Friday evening at Mughalsarai junction in Uttar Pradesh after NCC girl cadets from the North Eastern states alleged that they were teased and molested by the jawans on board the New Delhi-Guwahati Sampark Kranti Express.
The incident took place on Friday as the Sampark Kranti Express train made its way through Uttar Pradesh when the troopers belonging to the SSB allegedly eve teased women passengers.
The harassed women were travelling in the train as part of a team of the National Cadet Corps (NCC), which is a tri services organization comprising the Army, Navy and Air Force.
After the compliant was lodged with the authorities, personnel belonging to the GRP swung into action as they tried to apprehend the culprits at the Mughalsarai station.
"Everybody over there indulged in eve teasing and nobody was refraining from it. Even when we changed our seats, they were still laughing at us and were passing lewd comments," said Savita, a harassed girl who narrated her experience to mediapersons at the station.
The authorities at the station searched all the compartments in the train and tried to apprehend the offending troopers.
"Girls who were travelling in the train's compartment number S-6 were eve teased and molested. The security forces at the railway station were given this information. The security personnel are doing their work and are apprehending the guilty by searching the train compartments," said Ratan Yadav, Inspector of the GRP.
- Policies, reforms and infrastructure need to be redesigned
- India-Japan rail diplomacy is a setback for China’s One Belt, One Road initiative
- December 16 gangrape: Let’s be angry, let’s act
- A Saudi Arabia-Iran reconciliation alone can end Shia-Sunni conflict in West Asia
- Nobody minds their language
- Odd-even car proposal being enforced without evidence or cost-benefit analysis