Nine students fall ill as callous authorities serve dead rat-infected food
- Modi's appeal to the rich: 'Give up subsidised LPG'
- Distrust deepens, AAP countdown begins for easing out Yadav and Prashant Bhushan
- MS Dhoni: Smudged, but colour remains
- Maharashtra: First arrests made under new law banning beef trade
- Ribeiro an icon, I felt sad reading his piece, told the PM: Nitin Gadkari
A dead rat allegedly found in the dinner served to students of a government residential school in Hardauli village in the district made nine children severely ill, a government official said.
The students in the age group of five to 12 years, started vomiting as one of them found a dead rat in the food served to them last night, Government medical officer, Dr R S Verma said.
On being informed about the incident, a team of doctors rushed to the school, Verma said, adding, all the children are better now.
Meanwhile, official sources said an inquiry has been ordered into the incident.