Nine students fall ill as callous authorities serve dead rat-infected food
- Government issues high alert, says Islamic State expanding area of terror
- Putin vows to hunt down those who bombed Russian plane in Egypt
- Mani Shankar Aiyar to Pakistan channel: Remove Modi for talks to resume
- Chittoor Mayor shot dead while trying to save husband
- Hyderabad nursery student dies after head gets stuck in school lift
A dead rat allegedly found in the dinner served to students of a government residential school in Hardauli village in the district made nine children severely ill, a government official said.
The students in the age group of five to 12 years, started vomiting as one of them found a dead rat in the food served to them last night, Government medical officer, Dr R S Verma said.
On being informed about the incident, a team of doctors rushed to the school, Verma said, adding, all the children are better now.
Meanwhile, official sources said an inquiry has been ordered into the incident.
- Europe’s challenge: Find a political solution to the quagmire in West Asia
- Surrogacy isn’t morally reprehensible, surrogates should be seen as workers
- One world, one battlefield
- With five states polling soon, the great Indian election will continue without recess
- Why Stockholm punches above its weight in innovation and entrepreneurship
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since