Nine-year-old killed in leopard attack
- PM Modi should resign if he can't ask four ministers to step down: Congress
- Lalit Modi names 2 Indian, 1 West Indian cricketer who were bribed
- Kerala bar bribery case: Relief for Mani as anti-corruption body decides against chargesheet
- No charging check-in baggage: Government on budget airlines' move
- Delhi court allows TERI chief R K Pachauri to travel to USA
In the fourth leopard attack in the past few month at the periphery of Sanjay Gandhi National Park (SGNP), a nine-year-old boy was mauled to death in Goregaon's Aarey Milk Colony on Saturday.
The incident took place when the victim, Saurabh Yadav went out of his house in Adarsh Nagar along with a friend to attend to nature's call nearby.
While Saurabh's friend managed to escape and alert the locals, the leopard attacked Saurabh and dragged him by his throat, officials said.
After searching for over two hours, Forest and police officials found Saurabh's body in the jungle, a few kilometres away from his house.
The victim's father is an autorickshaw driver and his family hails from Uttar Pradesh, said a police officer.
Senior inspector Uttam More of Aarey Colony police station said, "A case of accidental death has been registered. This area has become highly sensitive as many leopard attacks have occurred in the past few months."
Meanwhile, locals complained that despite repeated requests to install a fence between Adarsh Nagar and SGNP, forest department officials have not taken any action.