Nissan to recall over 22,000 Micra, Sunny cars in India
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- IPL 7: Yuvraj Singh roars back to form
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
Japanese car giant Nissan will recall 22,188 units of its small car Micra and sedan Sunny in India due to faulty braking system, as part of a global exercise to rectify the problem.
The company's wholly-owned subsidiary Nissan Motor India will recall the vehicles, which were produced between June 2012 and March 2013.
"Nissan is conducting a voluntary recall campaign on approximately 67,089 Micra and Sunny vehicles in Africa, Asia, Europe, India (22,188), Latin America and Caribbean, and Middle East markets to replace the master brake cylinder," a Nissan Motor India spokesperson said.
She, however, said the company has not received any complaint in India so far and this is a voluntary recall.
Elaborating on the problem, the official said: "When operating the braking system under light braking force, the customer may experience longer brake pedal travel.
"In extreme cases, reduced braking performance may occur and as a result the braking distances required to stop the vehicle will increase."
The company will start recalling the vehicles in coming days and it "plans to begin notifying customers soon", she added.
"Nissan retailers will replace the master brake cylinder at no cost to the customer. Nissan is committed to a high level of customer safety, service and satisfaction and is working with its dealers to promptly address this issue," the spokesperson said.
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer
- TMC captured booths in Cooch Behar, says Left; demands re-poll
- Ties with BJP under strain, TDP says may go it alone in Seemandhra
- BJP will emerge a major force in Bengal: Advani
- ‘Maintain birth data; see how many go to school after 5 years’