Nissan to showcase 'Datsun GO' in 90 cities across India
- Elections 2014 LIVE: 60 pc voting in Bengal till 1 pm; Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
Ahead of commercial launch of 'Datsun' in India, Nissan Motor has said it will undertake a pan-India roadshow campaign for the latest hatchback 'Datsun GO' across 90 cities.
"The roadshows commenced today in New Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai and would subsequently move to other cities and towns. This is the first time, customers will be able to touch and feel Datsun's first offering," a company statement said.
"The GO promises to fulfil the aspirations of Indian car buyers with its price proposition, and we are sure that it will exceed the expectations with exteriors, interiors and innovative features...," Kenichiro Yomura, President of Nissan India Operations, said.
The company said Datsun GO will be priced "attractively below Rs 4 lakh".
The five-door front-wheel drive Datsun GO would come with a 1.2 litre engine with a five speed manual transmission.
In March 2012, Japanese car maker Nissan Motor had announced the launch of Datsun brand in India. Datsun vehicles would begin sales in India, Indonesia, Russia, South Africa from 2014, the statement added.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18