Nithari killings: CBI court rejects Pandher's bail plea
- Elections 2014 LIVE: 60 pc voting in Bengal till 1 pm; Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
A special CBI court hearing Nithari serial killings today rejected the bail plea of co-accused Moninder Singh Pandher in one case while reserving its order on a similar application in another case related to the murders.
Special CBI judge Shyam Lal will now give his decision on the second bail application at a later date, counsel for the CBI, JP Sharma said.
Rejecting the bail plea, the court said that charges of rape and murder were filed against the accused, he said.
Sharma opposed Pandher's bail, though the agency has already given a clean chit to him in all the cases.
CBI Inspector Ajay Singh deposed before the court and said he had sealed and deposited all the bones of children collected from Nithari Kothi Number 5 in Noida in 2006, which were later sent to a forensic laboratory in Agra, Sharma informed.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18