Nithari killings: CBI court rejects Pandher's bail plea
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Rahul compares Modi with Hitler, says Gujarat CM behaves arrogantly
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
A special CBI court hearing Nithari serial killings today rejected the bail plea of co-accused Moninder Singh Pandher in one case while reserving its order on a similar application in another case related to the murders.
Special CBI judge Shyam Lal will now give his decision on the second bail application at a later date, counsel for the CBI, JP Sharma said.
Rejecting the bail plea, the court said that charges of rape and murder were filed against the accused, he said.
Sharma opposed Pandher's bail, though the agency has already given a clean chit to him in all the cases.
CBI Inspector Ajay Singh deposed before the court and said he had sealed and deposited all the bones of children collected from Nithari Kothi Number 5 in Noida in 2006, which were later sent to a forensic laboratory in Agra, Sharma informed.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express