Nitin Gadkari set to get another term as BJP chief
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
Nitin Gadkari appears all set to get a second consecutive term as BJP President.
The party will issue a notification tomorrow for its Presidential elections and Gadkari is expected to submit his nomination for the top organizational post.
Gadkari is likely to be the sole candidate for the post of party President.
BJP sources said RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat spoke to L K Advani today and is understood to have discussed the party Presidential poll.
RSS is keen that Gadkari gets a second tenure as BJP chief.
There has been growing demand within BJP that the leadership issue be sorted out soon as Lok Sabha elections are due next year.
Gadkari has been facing corruption charges and rebellion within BJP.
A formal announcement of the Presidential poll result is likely to be made either on January 23 or 24.