Nitin Gadkari tells Income-Tax officers: Who will protect you when BJP wins power?
- Navy Chief DK Joshi takes responsibility for spate of accidents, resigns
- TRS gives jitters to Congress post Telangana creation, says merger unlikely
- SC orders arrest of Sahara chief Subrata Roy, says âarms of court very longâ
- KLF terrorist Bhullar will not be executed in present health condition, Centre tells SC
- Paswan, who left NDA over Modi, signals tie-up with BJP for ânew optionâ
The former Maharashtra minister also ridiculed media houses as "dukaan" (shop). "One channel shows something and then everyone else follows. The bosses tell their reporters to go to Gadkari's house and bring some news. Not their (reporters') fault. It's their job to move around the whole day with the danduka (microphone) in their hands. Please don't target them," he said.
"I have never worked for any post or to become CM or PM. I will not accept any post unless I am acquitted of all charges," he said. "My future programme will be to provide 50,000 jobs to Vidarbha youth and Rs 1 crore for Vidarbha's farmers to ensure that no farmer commits suicide. Let's all work together without any divisions of caste, language and religion," he said.
Gadkari also touched upon national issues such as inflation and Shinde's "Hindu terror" allegations against the BJP and RSS. "They couldn't hang Afzal Guru and have the gumption to level such allegations against us. Instead of taking Pakistan on, they are trying to help it with such statements," he said.
- Fancy numbers: RTO in PCMC earns Rs 8 crore
- Alarm in Ukraine as Putin orders surprise army drills on border
- Arrests made but two sensational murders still unsolved
- Infosys ex-CFO not to contest polls for AAP
- Monsoon, not Manmohan, led to agri growth: Yashwant
- Now, BJP workers to donate blood equal to Modi’s weight