Nitish Kumar and other Bihar ministers declare their assets for 2012
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Modi: Omar Abdullah
- Supreme Court lifts mining ban in Goa, caps iron ore volume
- PMO begins work on Presidentâs Parliament speech for next govt
- In this TN seat, Cong, BJP and AAP take centrestage
- To prevent polarisation, EC tells Delhi Police âdonât publicise workâ
Of the 28 ministers, the Minorities Welfare Minister Shahid Ali Khan has assets worth Rs. 17.20 lakhs, but has loans from banks at Rs. 21 lakh.
The NDA government has nine 'crorepatis' (assets of Rs. one crore or more) with the Mining and Minerals Minister Satyadev Narayan Arya being the second wealthiest minister with assets at Rs. 2.77 crores followed by the Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh with assets worth Rs. 2.46 crores . minister.
The Transport Minister Vrishen Patel and the Planning Minister Narendra Narayan Yadav have assets worth Rs. 1.94 crores and Rs. 1.28 crores respectively.
The former Chief Minister Jagannath Mishra's son Nitish Mishra, who is the Rural Development Minister in the Nitish Kumar government, has assets of Rs. 1.39 crores, but significantly he has a LIC insurance policy of Rs. one crore.
The Animal Husbandry and Fisheries Minister Giriraj Singh has immovable and movable assets worth Rs. 1.07 crores and he appears to be leading by example to promote agendas of his department by owning goats, chickens and birds worth Rs.
The Chief Minister has made it mandatory for the ministers of his government to annually declare their assets by December 31 of every year for perusal by the people on the internet on the state government's website.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready