Nitish Kumar cancels feast for JD(U) leaders
- SC quashes decision to include Jats in OBC category, rules caste can't be sole ground
- Day after results, Omar, Amit Shah and Ram Madhav met to explore J&K tie-up
- Neither Sonia nor Rahul ever filled such forms: Congress
- Nun gangrape case: 10 detained, Centre seeks report from WB govt
- To push land law forward, govt set to pause House
Anguished by the stampede that claimed 17 lives at Adalatghat on the bank of Ganga, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has cancelled a feast for JD(U) leaders at his official residence tomorrow.
The chief minister has cancelled the feast that he had proposed to host for the JD(U) leaders comprising MPs, MLA/MLCs, district unit presidents tomorrow at his official residence after being grieved by the human tragedy during the Chhath festival, the state unit JD(U) spokesman Sanjay Kumar Singh said.
Kumar had proposed to host feast for the JD(U) leaders to mark the success of the 'Adhikar rally' at Gandhi Maidan here on November 4.