Nitish Kumar gives Rs 1 lakh ex-gratia to West Bengal gangrape victim
- Narendra Modi new talking point in Tamil Nadu, but few say they will vote for him
- 78 pc turnout, but few can show ink mark
- Giriraj Singh stands by his Pak remark; BJP dissociates itself from him
- Pratapgarh Dalits angry with Mayawati, Muslims feel âunsafeâ
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Amritsar set for PM vs Modi contest
Taking serious view of the gang rape of a teenage girl and her subsequent death two days back in West Bengal, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday announced Rs one lakh ex-gratia assistance to the victim's family and deputed a senior police official to visit Kolkata.
The Chief Minister directed the Inspector General of Police (IG), Special branch, G S Gangwar to meet the family of the victim, who originally hails from Bihar, and provide all possible help to them.
Gangwar was also asked to meet government officials in Kolkata and seek details of the case. The Chief Minister has sent a cheque for Rs one lakh for the family of the victim as ex-gratia assistance, according to an official release.
The 16-year-old girl, who was gang raped twice in October last, died of burn injuries in a Kolkata hospital on December 31. Her family members claimed that she was burnt alive by the culprits.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota