Nitish Kumar, half his Cabinet colleagues are crorepatis
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- Kumar Vishwas files application alleging threat to life from Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- 2 States movie review: Alia Bhatt is a surprise
Fifteen out of 29 Bihar ministers, including Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and his deputy Sushil Kumar Modi, are crorepatis.
As a part of their anti-graft measures, started in 2011, the CM and his ministerial colleagues declared their moveable and immoveable assets this New Year. Four new entrants have joined the crorepati club this year. Thy are Ashwini Kumar Choubey, Shyam Rajak, Bhim Singh and Bijay Choudhary.
Parveen Amanullah is off the list this year.
While HRD Minister P K Shahi maintained his position as the richest man in the cabinet with Rs 6.11 crore worth assets, Art, Culture and Youth Affairs Minister Sukhda Pande was at the bottom of the list with Rs 28.55 lakh assets.
Nitish, who has personal assets worth over Rs 59 lakh, makes it to the crorepati list with dependent son Nishant, who has assets worth over Rs 1.26 crore. Nitish has Rs 14,474 cash in hand and Rs 65,278 bank deposits. He has bank deposits and investments of Rs 6,10,977 while his son has bank deposits and investments of Rs 77,57,273. Nitish has a 1,000 sq ft flat in Dwarka, New Delhi, valued at Rs 40 lakh.
His son has land and flats at ancestral village Kalyanbigha, hometown Bakhtiyarpur, and Patna with cumulative value of Rs 47,38,963.
The CM has a 2003 model Hyundai Santro car, two gold rings and a pearl-studded silver ring, a computer, an aircooler, a treadmill, fridge, two cows and two calves. Last year, Nitish had declared Rs 1.67 crore worth assets.
Modi (Rs 1.05 crore) has bank deposits and investments worth Rs 32.60 lakh, his wife has Rs 31.19 lakh. Modi has two residential buildings, one at Vaishali and another at Noida. Modi has moveable assets worth Rs 65.44 lakh while his wife has moveable assets worth Rs 49.54 lakh. The Deputy CM has Rs 23.58 lakh bank loan.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer