Nitish Kumar, half his Cabinet colleagues are crorepatis
- Lok Sabha polls: 11 parties come together to defeat Cong, counter Modi, say they are the 'first front'
- Lalu Prasad fights rebellion, 9 MLAs back to RJD fold, blames Nitish Kumar for hatching a conspiracy
- Shinde does a u-turn, says he meant to 'crush' social media, not electronic media
- Supreme Court rejects exemption plea, Subrata Roy to appear tomorrow
- AAP gears up for LS polls, party to add gas pricing issue in manifesto to target BJP, Cong
Fifteen out of 29 Bihar ministers, including Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and his deputy Sushil Kumar Modi, are crorepatis.
As a part of their anti-graft measures, started in 2011, the CM and his ministerial colleagues declared their moveable and immoveable assets this New Year. Four new entrants have joined the crorepati club this year. Thy are Ashwini Kumar Choubey, Shyam Rajak, Bhim Singh and Bijay Choudhary.
Parveen Amanullah is off the list this year.
While HRD Minister P K Shahi maintained his position as the richest man in the cabinet with Rs 6.11 crore worth assets, Art, Culture and Youth Affairs Minister Sukhda Pande was at the bottom of the list with Rs 28.55 lakh assets.
Nitish, who has personal assets worth over Rs 59 lakh, makes it to the crorepati list with dependent son Nishant, who has assets worth over Rs 1.26 crore. Nitish has Rs 14,474 cash in hand and Rs 65,278 bank deposits. He has bank deposits and investments of Rs 6,10,977 while his son has bank deposits and investments of Rs 77,57,273. Nitish has a 1,000 sq ft flat in Dwarka, New Delhi, valued at Rs 40 lakh.
His son has land and flats at ancestral village Kalyanbigha, hometown Bakhtiyarpur, and Patna with cumulative value of Rs 47,38,963.
The CM has a 2003 model Hyundai Santro car, two gold rings and a pearl-studded silver ring, a computer, an aircooler, a treadmill, fridge, two cows and two calves. Last year, Nitish had declared Rs 1.67 crore worth assets.
Modi (Rs 1.05 crore) has bank deposits and investments worth Rs 32.60 lakh, his wife has Rs 31.19 lakh. Modi has two residential buildings, one at Vaishali and another at Noida. Modi has moveable assets worth Rs 65.44 lakh while his wife has moveable assets worth Rs 49.54 lakh. The Deputy CM has Rs 23.58 lakh bank loan.
- At 23, the Indian creator of the smart ring is the youngest to address Mobile World Congress
- Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) joins hand with BJP
- Kejriwal letter questions Rahul on gas pricing, Ambani links
- Man immolates self in front of Assam secretariat
- Ex-Armyman, ISI spy for 2 years, held
- NIA nabs 2 from UP for blasts at Modi’s rally