Nitish Kumar's JDU to skip Narendra Modi swearing in
- Telangana LIVE: Bill passed by throwing all norms to the wind, says Kiran Kumar Reddy after quitting Congress
- Protests in RS over Telangana, papers snatched from Secretary General
- Rajiv Gandhi killers to be released, Jayalalithaa takes decision at Tamil Nadu Cabinet meet
- Decision to black out Telangana proceedings taken by Lok Sabha secretariat, confirms Kamal Nath
- Express 5: AAP kickstarts its poll funding drive and Telangana Bill passed in Lok Sabha
Except for the Nitish Kumar-led JD(U), all NDA chief ministers are likely to attend the swearing-in ceremony of Narendra Modi on December 26, following his third consecutive win in Gujarat. According to reports, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa will also attend the ceremony.
Among the other CMs likely to be present in the function is Parkash Singh Badal of Punjab. Senior BJP leaders L K Advani, Arun Jaitley and Sushma Swaraj will also be present. Sources said that Shiv Sena leader Udhav Thackeray has been invited for the oath taking function.
Virbhadra to take oath on Dec 25
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Congress Committee chief Virbhadra Singh, 78, will take oath as chief minister of Himachal Pradesh for the sixth time on December 25 at the historic Ridge in Shimla. On Saturday evening, he was unanimously elected as leader of the Congress Legislative Party. On Sunday, party's general secretary in-charge Birender Singh met the Governor and handed over a letter informing her about his election as CLP leader. After that, the Governor's secretary visited Singh's residence and handed him a letter appointing him as CM .
- Money talks: ‘Unanimous’ SLC gets on board with ICC revamp plan
- The great Game Folio: Silk routes
- In taxing times, realtors discover ‘fringe’ benefits
- Few takers for UT scholarships, students claim not enough info
- Interim budget focuses on transport but misses out on Metro Rail for UT
- GPP to become history, will merge with BJP next week in Modi’s presence