Nitish Kumar's JDU to skip Narendra Modi swearing in
- Lakhvi's release: PM Modi conveys India's concerns to China
- Modi must do to Raje, Swaraj what we did to Tomar: Arvind Kejriwal
- AIPMT test to be re-conducted on July 25: CBSE
- Palamu Express derails following blast by suspected Maoists in Jharkhand
- All Income Tax refunds to be put directly in bank accounts: CBDT
Except for the Nitish Kumar-led JD(U), all NDA chief ministers are likely to attend the swearing-in ceremony of Narendra Modi on December 26, following his third consecutive win in Gujarat. According to reports, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa will also attend the ceremony.
Among the other CMs likely to be present in the function is Parkash Singh Badal of Punjab. Senior BJP leaders L K Advani, Arun Jaitley and Sushma Swaraj will also be present. Sources said that Shiv Sena leader Udhav Thackeray has been invited for the oath taking function.
Virbhadra to take oath on Dec 25
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Congress Committee chief Virbhadra Singh, 78, will take oath as chief minister of Himachal Pradesh for the sixth time on December 25 at the historic Ridge in Shimla. On Saturday evening, he was unanimously elected as leader of the Congress Legislative Party. On Sunday, party's general secretary in-charge Birender Singh met the Governor and handed over a letter informing her about his election as CLP leader. After that, the Governor's secretary visited Singh's residence and handed him a letter appointing him as CM .