Nitish Kumar's minister questions Congresswoman MLC's character, fuels row
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Bihar legislative council witnessed unpleasant moments today when a minister and a Congress legislator entered into sharp verbal duel.
The incident took place when state Revenue Minister Ramai Ram began giving a lengthy reply to a question by RJD MLC Nawal Kishore Yadav during question hour, Congress member Jyoti intervened saying sarcastically "There was no full stop or coma in the minister's reply".
To this the angry minister made some personal comments about the Congress MLC which infuriated her.
The situation was however brought under control by Chairman Awdesh Narayan Singh.
The duel resurfaced during zero hour when the Congress member brought up the issue of the minister's comment on her.
"I am hurt by his comments. I am not a turncoat like Ramai Ram. I am a Congress worker and will remain so in future too."
Refusing to relent, the minister said, "The whole world knows the behaviour of the woman MLC... Everybody knows her character."
As the situation turned serious, Chairman Awdesh Narayan Singh intervened and pacified the two. Parliamentary Affairs minister Bijendra Prasad Yadav was a witness to the entire episode.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun