Nitish Kumar's minister questions Congresswoman MLC's character, fuels row
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Ramdev âgoes liveâ on poll funding, Congress hits BJP on black money
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi addresses a rally in Assam; Sonia Gandhi to address a rally in Amethi today
Bihar legislative council witnessed unpleasant moments today when a minister and a Congress legislator entered into sharp verbal duel.
The incident took place when state Revenue Minister Ramai Ram began giving a lengthy reply to a question by RJD MLC Nawal Kishore Yadav during question hour, Congress member Jyoti intervened saying sarcastically "There was no full stop or coma in the minister's reply".
To this the angry minister made some personal comments about the Congress MLC which infuriated her.
The situation was however brought under control by Chairman Awdesh Narayan Singh.
The duel resurfaced during zero hour when the Congress member brought up the issue of the minister's comment on her.
"I am hurt by his comments. I am not a turncoat like Ramai Ram. I am a Congress worker and will remain so in future too."
Refusing to relent, the minister said, "The whole world knows the behaviour of the woman MLC... Everybody knows her character."
As the situation turned serious, Chairman Awdesh Narayan Singh intervened and pacified the two. Parliamentary Affairs minister Bijendra Prasad Yadav was a witness to the entire episode.