Nityanand Swami, 1st Uttarakhand CM, dies
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
The first CM of Uttarakhand, Nityanand Swami, died Wednesday after prolonged illness. He was 85.
Swami had headed the interim government after the creation of Uttarakhand in 2000. He took oath as chief minister on November 9, 2000 and remained in the post till October 29, 2001.