Nityanand Swami, 1st Uttarakhand CM, dies
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
The first CM of Uttarakhand, Nityanand Swami, died Wednesday after prolonged illness. He was 85.
Swami had headed the interim government after the creation of Uttarakhand in 2000. He took oath as chief minister on November 9, 2000 and remained in the post till October 29, 2001.