Nityanand Swami, 1st Uttarakhand CM, dies
- April 23 campaign roundup: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- IPL 7: All-round Jadeja steals show in CSK win
The first CM of Uttarakhand, Nityanand Swami, died Wednesday after prolonged illness. He was 85.
Swami had headed the interim government after the creation of Uttarakhand in 2000. He took oath as chief minister on November 9, 2000 and remained in the post till October 29, 2001.
- Sindhu, Kashyap advance, Srikanth exits early at Asian C’ships
- Adhiban recovers, stays in lead
- 1 jumps to death as fire breaks out in Surat 10-storey building
- Barcelona gets temporary relief as FIFA freezes transfer ban
- Moyes thanks Ferguson, stays mum on players
- Mets feel Raptors’ bite, Wizards tame Bulls again in play-offs