Nityanand Swami, 1st Uttarakhand CM, dies
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
The first CM of Uttarakhand, Nityanand Swami, died Wednesday after prolonged illness. He was 85.
Swami had headed the interim government after the creation of Uttarakhand in 2000. He took oath as chief minister on November 9, 2000 and remained in the post till October 29, 2001.