No addition to voters list, says BMC
- Delhi: Multi-vehicle pileup on NH-1 leaves at least five dead
- Siachen avalanche: Air pocket under 35 ft of snow kept Lance Naik Hanumanthappa alive
- Facts dispute claims by banks: write-off gallops, recovery crawls
- Upset allies Akali Dal and Shiv Sena let BJP know: Keep us in loop
- David Headley deposition adjourned for the day following technical glitch
Days after the election officials from the Collector's office brought to the civic administration's notice that numerous voters were left out of the final voter list due to a technical glitch in the computer system, the BMC will not be including these voters in the list.
"Elections are very close and it is too late to include these voters in the final list now. The BMC had given some days to invite suggestions and objections for the final voter list, but at that time neither these election officials from the Collector's office nor the voters whose names have been missed came forward," said a senior civic official.
Last week, officials from the election department of the Collector's office demanded that the names of voters who were left out should be allowed to be added until January 23 instead of the final voter list of January 5. The officials estimate around 20,000 voters could have been left out.
The final voting list was made public on January 5 after which no new addition was to be allowed according to the norms of the election process. The BMC has invited suggestions and objections from residents, corporators and other agencies regarding the final electoral list of January 5.