No case registered after lawyers thrash cop
- Parliament LIVE: Expert committee to review use of pellet guns, says Rajnath
- Dalit fury spills over to Gujarat streets, 9 more try to end lives; CM meets family assaulted in Una
- Hit by campus protests, FTII makes new students sign ‘decorum, decency’ affidavit
- Dalits are 'soft target' for cow vigilantes: fact finding team
- Suspicious bag found inside Dubai-Amritsar SpiceJet flight
Khosla added that the constable had confessed before the DIG and the IG that he had committed a mistake.
UT senior Police officials however say that they were still probing the incident.
"There is no substantial development in the case," said DIG Alok Kumar. When questioned if they will be registering a case against the advocates who thrashed Chand and caused obstruction in dispensation of his duties, Alok Kumar said: "We will decide about filing a case against the advocates only after receiving the inquiry report."
IGP RP Upadhyaya, said: "The head constable has been suspended as a precautionary measure. The inquiry has been marked to SP Anil Kampani and after the report is submitted appropriate action will be taken."
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China
- Empowering women through JAM
- Resolution of citizen grievances is an indicator of the performance of government departments
- Telescope: Grace and the lack of it
- The endeavour for a common civil law must be to end discrimination, and not stamp majority might