No case registered after lawyers thrash cop
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Khosla added that the constable had confessed before the DIG and the IG that he had committed a mistake.
UT senior Police officials however say that they were still probing the incident.
"There is no substantial development in the case," said DIG Alok Kumar. When questioned if they will be registering a case against the advocates who thrashed Chand and caused obstruction in dispensation of his duties, Alok Kumar said: "We will decide about filing a case against the advocates only after receiving the inquiry report."
IGP RP Upadhyaya, said: "The head constable has been suspended as a precautionary measure. The inquiry has been marked to SP Anil Kampani and after the report is submitted appropriate action will be taken."
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express