No CBI probe into boys' death in Asaram Bapu's ashram: SC
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Senior Pakistan journalist Hamid Mir shot at in Karachi
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Gadkari says there's casteism in Bihar DNA then retracts by saying he meant 'political' DNA
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs KKR: Another poor start by KKR, lose openers early against DD
The Supreme Court on Friday refused to order a CBI probe into the death of two boys in religious guru Asaram Bapu's ashram (hermitage) in Ahmedabad in 2008.
A Bench headed by Justice P Sathasivam dismissed the plea filed by the family of the victims.
The family had alleged that the ashram authority was involved in the case and it was not possible for the state police to conduct a free and fair investigation.
The Bench after going through all the evidence said there is no need for a CBI probe but clarified the trial court can order further probe, if some new facts come up.
The apex court dismissed the appeal filed by the family challenging a Gujarat High Court order, which too had refused to direct a CBI probe in the case.
Two young boys Deepesh and Abhishek had gone missing from the ashram on July 3, 2008 and two days later on July 5, 2008, they were found dead outside the ashram.
The victims' parents had filed the writ petition in the high court seeking a CBI probe.