No college admission for CBSE students who opted for school exam

Students of Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) who took the school-based exam will not be given admission to other junior colleges this year. They will need to seek admission in their respective schools, said Rekha Palshikar, vice-principal of Fergusson College and member of Centralised Admission Process (CAP). However, those who appeared for the board-based exam would be able to apply for other colleges.

CAP centres will start selling forms from Thursday, a day after the Secondary School Certificate (Class X) results will be announced. Filled-in forms will be accepted from June 23, a day after the students get their marksheets.

Students of CBSE and Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) will get their admission forms only at Apte Prashala. Students who sat for the board -based exam will also need to sign an affidavit on a Rs 100-stamp paper, which will be issued by CAP. They will also need to get the school stamp and the signature of the school principal on their marksheets.

Students of other boards will not be awarded 25 marks under the sports quota as per a state government decision. A workshop for parents and students will be organised so that students do not make mistakes in the forms. The date of the session, however, has not been decided yet.

Please read our terms of use before posting comments
TERMS OF USE: The views, opinions and comments posted are your, and are not endorsed by this website. You shall be solely responsible for the comment posted here. The website reserves the right to delete, reject, or otherwise remove any views, opinions and comments posted or part thereof. You shall ensure that the comment is not inflammatory, abusive, derogatory, defamatory &/or obscene, or contain pornographic matter and/or does not constitute hate mail, or violate privacy of any person (s) or breach confidentiality or otherwise is illegal, immoral or contrary to public policy. Nor should it contain anything infringing copyright &/or intellectual property rights of any person(s).
comments powered by Disqus