No entry for commercial vehicles from Noida
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
The Delhi Traffic Police have decided that no commercial vehicle will be allowed to enter from Noida from 7 am till 10 pm every day.
The vehicle can only come in after 10 pm till 6 am.
Earlier, the traffic police had restricted the entry of commercial vehicles only during peak hours — 7 to 11 am and 5 to 9.30 pm. The restriction will be in place till February 22. The police have directed that traffic coming from Noida towards Ring Road, merging at Maharani Bagh, will be managed manually by traffic police personnel during peak hours to avoid any congestion. The traffic police have also planned to put up armed pickets at all major borders, including NH-8, NH-2 and Ghazipur, to ensure that commercial vehicles do not enter Delhi during 'no entry' hours, police said.