No entry for commercial vehicles from Noida
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
The Delhi Traffic Police have decided that no commercial vehicle will be allowed to enter from Noida from 7 am till 10 pm every day.
The vehicle can only come in after 10 pm till 6 am.
Earlier, the traffic police had restricted the entry of commercial vehicles only during peak hours — 7 to 11 am and 5 to 9.30 pm. The restriction will be in place till February 22. The police have directed that traffic coming from Noida towards Ring Road, merging at Maharani Bagh, will be managed manually by traffic police personnel during peak hours to avoid any congestion. The traffic police have also planned to put up armed pickets at all major borders, including NH-8, NH-2 and Ghazipur, to ensure that commercial vehicles do not enter Delhi during 'no entry' hours, police said.