No fancy car numberplate issued since August in city
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Modi: Omar Abdullah
- Supreme Court lifts mining ban in Goa, caps iron ore volume
- PMO begins work on Presidentâs Parliament speech for next govt
- In this TN seat, Cong, BJP and AAP take centrestage
- To prevent polarisation, EC tells Delhi Police âdonât publicise workâ
In July, Delhi government had cleared the auctioning of fancy numbers every fortnight. These numbers are supposed to be put in five categories with a base price decided for each category. Registration number 0001 will be the most expensive, with the minimum reserve price fixed at Rs 5 lakh.
Numbers 0002 to 0009 will be the second most expensive, with the auction starting from Rs 3 lakh. The third category will include numbers from 0010 to 0099; 0786, 1000, 1111, 7777 and 999, for which bids will start at Rs 2 lakh.
Car owners looking to spend less can bid for registration numbers 0100, 0111, 0200, 0222, 0300, 0333 and similar numbers up to 0999; 2000, 2222 and similar numbers up to 8000; and 8888, 9000, 0101, 0108, 1008 and 1313, for which auction will start from Rs 1 lakh.
"Those who want a specific number, not covered under any of the four fancy number categories, will have to pay Rs 20,000. The amount accumulated through auctions would be transferred to the Chief Minister's Relief Fund,'' the official said.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready